Gold Coast, Australia 2024
2024 Gold Coast Camp Information
– On Site Pole studio at the Vibe Hotel Surfers Paradise
– 10 poles: 8x floor to ceiling fixed X-Poles over 3.2m (3x 40mm & 1x 45mm Brass + 2x 40mm & 2x 45 stainless steel) + 2x 45mm Brass X-Stages
– 20% off room rates at the hotel (you do not need to stay at the Vibe hotel to join our camps though)
– Our GC camp packages do not include accommodation or travel
– 30 mins from the Gold Coast Airport or 1hr 15mins from Brisbane Airport (book a shuttle or transfer online)
– 4 mins walk from Cavill Avenue, Surfers Paradise
– 9 mins walk to Surfers Paradise Beach!
– Payment plans available
– Private lessons
Let us answer your Frequently Asked Questions
Prices are all in $AUD
Book your entire stay directly with your hotel or Air BnB.
No! Our GC retreat packages do not include accommodation so you can book your own stay wheverever you like! You can use our 20% off room rates discount to stay at the Vibe though if you want to be on site for convenience.
Yes! We offer payment plans over 3 or 6 months. Choose this option from the dropdown box when booking.
Note that earlybird rates are not applicable on payment plans.
The Gold Coast is an amazing sunny spot full of beaches, great nightlife, restaurants and tourist attractions! Check out some of our suggestions below of things to do in your own time during your camp:
- Beach – swim, sunbake, kayak, SUP
- Surf (or if you’re not a surfer already – why not try a lesson at one of the Learn To Surf schools on Surfers Paradise!)
- Shopping (Cavill Avenue is just a few minutes walk from the hotel!)
- Boats, Jet Boats, Jet Skis, Water ski, Wind surfing, Kite Surfing
- Theme Parks (Movie World & Wet n Wild are just up the road!)
- Dracula’s Cabaret & Restaurant
- Nightclubs and Bars
- Visit the Hinterland and go hiking (Mt Tamborine is beautiful!)
- Skypoint Climb
- Whale or Dolphin watching
- Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary
- Visit Stradbroke Island
There are no pre-requisites to join the instructor training camp though as this camp covered all three levels right up to Advanced, we recommend you are of a High Intermediate/ Pre-Advanced level to get the most out of it. You don’t need to do all the tricks in the Advanced course as the focus is on learning to break them down and deliver the technique points using numerous teaching methods (not just demonstration). You will need to demo just two Advanced tricks during your practical teaching assessment, some of the choices include: Jade or Aysha/ Elbow Aysha or even Iguana (you don’t have to Fonji or Russian Split don’t worry!)